Tuesday, December 2, 2014

ONE BODY IN CHRIST-THE CHURCH

When a church is mentioned, what should ideally comes to mind should be; Christ, Holiness, Righteousness, Worship, Kingdom Message, unity etc. (Not necessary in that order) However, like gods, most churches today are actively working against the Kingdom, recruitment people into their synagogues of Satan. Pastors and workers in churches are now knowingly competing with Jesus for popularity instead of preaching the Kingdom to all God’s children on earth. 

Let me share with you an experience I had in 2012: I was studying at home on a particular day, but felt as though I was not getting the desire results, I therefore decided to visit the nearest church to my house to see if they had a study area that I could quietly study.  The first question the lady I met asked was “are you a member of this church? I said no. Then she said “if you are not a member, you will not be allowed to use the church facility”. She afterwards, directed me to see a man standing nearby. I told the man why I was there, and he asked me the same question; “are you a member” and I said no. he added that even if I said I was a member, they will verify it before I will be allowed to use the facility. 

I left and began to ask myself; was I sent there by the Holy Spirit to see something? Then it occurs to me why I was there. To see firsthand that what we have today are churches with members and most of the members are followers of their pastors or reverends and not of God. This man and woman were not bordered about my faith, nor the kind of studies I wanted to undertake that I could not done at home. All that matters to them was membership of their church and since I was not, I could not be allowed to use the facility of their church. 
Now that was a church that is supposed to be a house of God, where all Kingdom citizens irrespective of denomination should be allowed to worship and study His Words. 

The churches have to unit now for the Kingdom, especially in times like this that we wait for the manifestation of the Kingdom on earth. You should let your 'followers' know that all baptism is done in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, once a person becomes born again, (and it shows by its fruits in the person’s life) He or She is no longer the member of a particular “church” but a citizen of the Kingdom of God, a follower of Christ and should therefore be free to carryout God’s work in any of the churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment.